Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Course & Subject Guides
2017-2018 Season Information
- Our Town by Thornton Wilder - October 5-15, 2017
- Parade by Alfred Uhry and Jason Robert Brown - November 9-19, 2017
- Little Shop of Horrors by Alan Menkin and Howard Ashman - February 8-18, 2018
- Marie Antoinette by David Adjmi - February 15-25, 2018
- Recoil by Cynthia Croot - April 5-15, 2018
Guides to Other University of Pittsburgh Stages Seasons
University of Pittsburgh Stages
The Department of Theatre Arts boasts three performance spaces: the Charity Randall Theatre and the Henry Heymann Theatre, both housed in the Stephen Foster Memorial, and the Richard E. Rauh Studio Theatre, located in the Cathedral of Learning. All three provide state-of-the-art performance and technical experiences for Pitt students.
Productions presented to the public—and the roles assigned to students therein—are selected in line with the three-fold objectives of the theatre arts department:
- To provide the widest possible spectrum of educational and training opportunities to the theatre artists and scholars of the future (inter-departmental courses and guest lecturers/instructors are widely utilized).
- To give as many students as possible a direct experience of the theatre as the occasion for self-development and artistic expression (three theatre venues provide versatility and a breadth of performance opportunities).
- To contribute to the cultural life of the University and the community by presenting classic drama along with contemporary plays and musicals, as well as various ethnic and intercultural productions.