Here are some tips to keep in mind as you research:
- Some databases are better for certain topics than others
- Use synonyms and any suggested subject terms or keywords
- i.e. mobile banking, mobile commerce, mobile money, transfer payments
- Keep in mind the type of source you are looking at. Is it a trade article or scholarly and peer-reviewed? What type of source do you need?
- Add keywords like "forecast," "market," and "sales" to your search to retrieve more relevant results
- Start with broad searches and narrow from there
- i.e. start with "autonomous vehicles" and narrow down to "self-driving cars" to make sure you don't miss something
- Pay attention to the date something was published. Do you need current information?
- If you are researching an older technology, you might need to use older print resources. Try PittCat.