Checking out Equipment
- Stop by the office during our operational hours and let us know your name and if you are enrolled in a specific Course Reserve class
- We will check our rosters and confirm what Course Reserve Equipment you have access to
- You need your Pitt ID- We will use the number at the bottom of your ID to check the items out to your library account. The kit has been pre-inventoried. We will verbally tell you the due date and send you an email listing the items you have checked out and their due dates. You can also check the due dates in “My Account”
- Co-Inventory steps- You are then responsible for inventorying the kit and testing each item. Open the inventory checklist (below) for the kit you have. Take each item out of the kit, confirm that each item is present, inspect it, and test it. Take note (and pictures!) of how the kit is packed so you can repack the kit the same way. If there are any issues with your kit, we must receive an email at ULS-HillmanEquipmentRoom@pitt.edu stating the issue within one hour of check-out. Any issues brought to our attention past this deadline will be your responsibility, including any lost or damaged item replacement fees.
* Our final check-out of the day begins no later than 15 minutes prior to closing.
- Use the checklist to make sure all items are in the kit and take a moment to make sure everything is packed up neatly.
- Stop by the office during our operational hours- items cannot be returned when our office is closed. We will ask you to open the kit so we can do a quick visual inspection.
- Using the supplied sanitizing wipes, please wipe the handles of the kits. We will then remove the kit from your library account. All items will be quarantined for 96 hours.
- After quarantine we will inventory the kit and sanitize the high touch surfaces. Should there be a problem or missing item, we will contact you for resolution.
*As a courtesy we ask that all returns be received 30 minutes before closing.