Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Course & Subject Guides
Dissertations and Theses
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses (PQDT) provides abstracts and previews along with full-text to over 1.9 million entries from 1997 to the present. If not available full text, some theses can be purchased online through the ProQuest Dissertations & Theses service.
Dissertations and Theses (ProQuest) This link opens in a new window
With more than 2.3 million entries, PQDT is the database of record for doctoral dissertations and master's theses. The database represents the work of authors from over 1,000 graduate schools and universities in North America and from around the globe. Over 60,000 new dissertations and theses are added to the database each year.
PQ Dissertations and Theses Search Tips
- Under the basic search tab, input your search terms into the search box.
- Limit your search by date; within this year, last ten etc.
- Limit by full-text, if you only want full-text dissertations to appear in your search results.
- Under the advanced search tab, select the field you wish to search by. In PQDT, you can search by citation, abstract, advisor, author, degree, department, document ID, index terms (keyword), ISBN, publication/order no., school name/code, subject name/code etc.
- Input your search query.
- Select the date range
- Limit your search by full-text if you only want full-text dissertations to appear in your search results.
International Dissertations Online Resources