Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Course & Subject Guides
Why I love libraries . . .
I love libraries because libraries are communities where its members can all be students and teachers; libraries provide opportunities for travel without stepping foot in a plane or train or time machine; and, libraries allow one to stretch one’s imagination and challenge one’s beliefs. I love being part of all of this as a library professional and as a library user.
MLS, Master of Library Science
MA, Master of Arts in Children’s Literature
BA, English (Secondary Education Minor)
American Library Association (ALA)
Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL)
Current University Service
UPB Arts Council, 2016-present
UPB Educational Policies Committee, 1997-2002, 2003-present
UPB Senate Council, 2010-2017
UPB Student Affairs Committee, 1994-1997, 2002-2004, 2011-2017
Provides primary support to the Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and the Division of Management and Education at the Bradford Campus.
- Sands-O'Connor, K., and Frank, M., eds. (2014). Internationalism in Children's Series. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Frank, M. (2014). 'A bit of life actually lived in a foreign land': Internationalism as World Friendship in Children's Series. In K. Sands-O'Connor and M. Frank (Eds.), Internationalism in Children's Series (pp. 95-106). New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Frank, M. (1999). Women in Heinlein's Juveniles. In C. W. Sullivan III (Ed.), Young Adult Science Fiction (pp. 119-130). Westport, CT: Greenwood.
- Sands, K., and Frank, M. (1999). Back in the Spaceship Again: Juvenile Science Fiction Series Since 1945. Westport, CT: Greenwood.
- Frank, M. (2019). eBooks and the Young Learner. 23rd Annual Children's Literature Conference. UPG, Greensburg, PA, May 3, 2019.
- Frank, M., Baldwin, C., & Bailey, K. (2017). The Tortoise or the Hare: Undergraduates, Information Literacy, and the Slow Movement. European Conference on Information Literacy. Saint-Malo, France, September 18-21, 2017.
- Frank, M. (2013). Student-Learners Plus Librarian-Learners Equals a True Community-of-Learners: A Best Practice. European Conference on Information Literacy. Istanbul, Turkey, October 22-25, 2013.
- Dombek (nee Armstrong), D., & Frank, M. (2010). Smoother Sailing with Cooperative Navigation. 90th Annual Conference of the Association of Teacher Educators. Chicago, IL, February 13-17, 2010.
- Frank, M. (2009). Reflections of Heinlein's Time in Rocket Ship Galileo. International Conference for the Fantastic in the Arts. Orlando, FL, March 18-21, 2009.
- Frank, M. (2007). Translating "World Friendship" into Children's Literature. The Child and the Book Conference: Lost in Translation. Boğaziçi University, Istanbul, Turkey, March 30-April 1, 2007.
- Frank, M. (2006). "But Wouldn't It Be Better in Color?" The Art of the Picture Book Conference. Ashland University, Ashland, OH, May 12, 2006.