Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Course & Subject Guides
Test of English as a Foreign Language
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam measures your ability to use and understand English at the university level. It also evaluates how well you combine your listening, reading, speaking and writing skills to perform academic tasks. The TOEFL test is the most widely respected English-language test in the world, recognized by more than 8,000 colleges, universities and agencies in more than 130 countries.
The official TOEFL test site.
Univ of Pittsburgh Testing Center
The University of Pittsburgh Testing Center (UPTC) administers both computer -based and paper- and -pencil admission and certification tests here on campus. Look to see if your test is administered and learn how to register.
The English Language Institute (ELI) offers TOEFL preparation classes.
PittCat is the main searching tool for all of the materials owned by the University Library System (ULS), including articles, books, ebooks, journal articles, ejournals, audio and video, digital images, government documents, microfilm and movies.
Access PittCat directly or use the ULS homepage.
Searching for TOEFL Books in PITTCat+
PITTCat+ Search Tips:
- Enter the test name Test of English as a Foreign Language or TOEFL in the text box and press enter or click Search Library.
- In the central panel, you will get search results, ranked by relevance.
- Click on a result for a full view with holding information.
- Refine your search results by clicking on any term on the left to focus and narrow your results.
- Refine to by clicking on Items in the library catalog.
- Refine to Books and/or ebooks.
- Refine to your library by clicking it under Library Location.
- Sort by "date newest" to find recently published books (these will usually be on reserve at the Hillman Library ground floor Lending Desk)
Be sure to log in remotely to view the full-text of ebooks.
Materials at CLP
The Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh (CLP) also offers exam preparation materials.
Higher Education Resources
The Testing and Education Reference Center is a database of college, graduate and vocational schools that also offers test preparation & practice exams.
CLP Books & Media
Search the CLP catalog to find books and ebooks on test preparation.
Get a CLP Library Card!
Sign up for a free CLP library card to use these resources!