Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Course & Subject Guides
Medical College Admission Test
The Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) is a standardized, multiple-choice examination designed to assess the examinee's problem solving, critical thinking, writing skills, and knowledge of science concepts and principles prerequisite to the study of medicine. Scores are reported in Physical Sciences, Verbal Reasoning, Writing Sample, and Biological Sciences.
Almost all U.S. medical schools require applicants to submit MCAT exam scores. Many schools do not accept MCAT exam scores that are more than three years old.
The official MCAT test site.
Univ of Pittsburgh Testing Center
The University of Pittsburgh Testing Center (UPTC) administers both computer -based and paper- and -pencil admission and certification tests here on campus. Look to see if your test is administered and learn how to register.
PittCat is the main searching tool for all of the materials owned by the University Library System (ULS), including articles, books, ebooks, journal articles, ejournals, audio and video, digital images, government documents, microfilm and movies.
Access PittCat directly or use the ULS homepage.
Searching for MCAT Books in PITTCat+
PITTCat+ Search Tips:
- Enter the test name Medical College Admission Test or MCAT in the text box and press enter or click Search Library.
- In the central panel, you will get search results, ranked by relevance.
- Click on a result for a full view with holding information.
- Refine your search results by clicking on any term on the left to focus and narrow your results.
- Refine to by clicking on Items in the library catalog.
- Refine to Books and/or ebooks.
- Refine to your library by clicking it under Library Location.
- Sort by "date newest" to find recently published books (these will usually be on reserve at the Hillman Library ground floor Lending Desk)
Be sure to log in remotely to view the full-text of ebooks.
Materials at CLP
The Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh (CLP) also offers exam preparation materials.
Higher Education Resources
The Testing and Education Reference Center is a database of college, graduate and vocational schools that also offers test preparation & practice exams.
CLP Books & Media
Search the CLP catalog to find books and ebooks on test preparation.
Get a CLP Library Card!
Sign up for a free CLP library card to use these resources!