Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Course & Subject Guides
Useful tools that will help guide your research.
This research guide was created with the assistance of LaMonica Wiggins, MLIS Graduate Student, Hillman
Library, University of Pittsburgh 2010-11.
Getting Started: How to Use this Guide
This guide has been created to assist students in locating and utilizing resources relating to the research and writing of theses and dissertations here at the University of Pittsburgh.
These resources include:
- Books on how to write a successful thesis or dissertation that are available through PITTCat+, our online library catalog.
- Links to online avenues for obtaining free online dissertations and theses.
- Links to databases that provide full text access to dissertations and theses here at Pitt and Worldwide.
In each tab you will find:
- Pitt Dissertations Tab: Access Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETD), a service offered by the University of Pittsburgh which allows you to search for dissertations and theses published at the university.
- U.S. Dissertations Tab: Browse ProQuest Dissertations and Theses (PQDT), a searchable database of full-text dissertations from the U.S. and Worldwide.
Need Help? Chat with us!
For more ways to ask your question,
please visit Ask Us/FAQs