Passport - Countries and Consumers - from Euromonitor contains demographics and wide variety of data for many countries worldwide ranging from population to literacy to financial and social or lifestyle data. Good source for comparative data as it draws data from the UN, World Bank, IMF, and OECD, as well as national statistical sources.
PASSPORT - Industries is the marketing and industry part of the database and a tool that contains data and narrative reports on global trade, economic environment, consumer market sizes, market data & forecasts, consumer lifestyles, companies and brands, and business information sources. For the US,UK, Germany, and France it provides full-text market research reports for specific products/industries.
Most data found in Passport - Countries and Consumers is annual data collected by international organizations, although a few sources have more frequent data.
IMPORTANT SEARCH TIPS:
Quick Steps to reach Country Data:
- 1. Click the link to enter the database.
- 2. Scroll down through the "Terms and Conditions."
- 3. Click the BLUE tab to "ACCEPT" the terms and conditions.
- 4a. From the BLACK bar under the word Passport - Click on the word "SEARCH"
- 4b. From the center search panel with the magnifying glass - Click on the BLUE "MENU SEARCH."
- 5. Scroll down through the Category Tree to the "Country and Consumers" indicators.
- 6. Expand any variables with + (plus signs) in the Category Tree.
- 7. Place checks in the box in front of the indicators you would like to see.
- 8. Scroll down to the BLUE box and click "NOW CHOOSE GEOGRAPHIES."
- 9. Select your countries and regions.
- 10. Click the LEFT BLUE tab to see statistics - "SEE DATA NOW."
IF you click the RIGHT tab "RUN SEARCH" you will get "semi-related" narrative reports.
- 11. The GRAY tabs on the LEFT side will permit customization of the data.
- 12. Use the symbols near the TOP on the RIGHT side to:
These databases contain comparative international country level statistics . Use PASSPORT first.
This page is the starting point to choose a database related to GSPIA and Global Studies subjects. The page features brief descriptions and links to relevant databases. It also features a list of library research guides on subjects related to GSPIA (i.e. Asian Country Research, Emerging market Countries, and Nonprofit Research).