Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Course & Subject Guides
Along with the ability to import documents and citations, Mendeley works as a social networking tool to create opportunities for collaboration with options that allow you to:
- Create and build a profile representing your background and research interests
- Browse and search Mendeley’s crowd-sourced research catalog
- Search, follow, and join groups related to your research interests
- Connect with fellow researchers and follow their activity from the Dashboard
Mendeley Web allows you to create your own profile and add your research interests, picture, education history, and other information. You can access and edit your profile by selecting My Account in the top right corner of Mendeley Web.
You may also want to view and edit your privacy settings. Privacy options include who can see your profile and research activity. This option is located in the My Account drop down menu.
Groups in Mendeley allow you to share and collaborate with other researchers with Mendeley accounts. You can create your own groups in Mendeley
Desktop or Mendeley Web. Mendeley Web will also allow you to search, join, and follow groups.
Types of Groups
- Open: An open group will allow anyone to contribute, become a member, or follow.
- Invite-Only: This group will allow you to share references but not files and can be viewed publicly.
- Private: Private groups allow you to share files and annotations between members. These groups are not able to be seen in searches.
You can follow your groups by using the Mendeley Web Dashboard.