Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Course & Subject Guides
United Nations Subregions of Africa
Maps and Atlases
The following are websites that provide access to maps of the Middle East and North Africa.
CORONA Atlas of the Middle East
The CORONA Atlas of the Middle East are satellite images of the Middle East, which have been made freely available through the University of Arkansas.
Perry-Castaneda Library Map Collection
This extensive collection of maps has been made available through the Perry-Castaneda Library at the University of Texas - Austin. Most of fully digitized and available for free online.
World by Map Organization
Provides world maps by a wide variety of demographics and statistics
David Rumsey Collection
Large digital collection of privately held antique maps from around the world.
African Country Research
Africa is the world's second largest continent in area. The countries differ immensely geographically, politically, socially, economically, and culturally.
The UN has subdivided the African continent into five regions: Northern Africa , Central or Middle Africa , Southern Africa , East African , and Western Africa
- Northern Africa countries include Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Sudan, Tunisia, and Western Sahara
- Central or Middle African countries include Angola, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo Republic - Brazzaville, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, and São Tomé & Principe
- Southern Africa countries include Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa, and Swaziland
- East African countries include Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, , Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Réunion, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Somaliland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
- Western Africa includes Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte D'Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo
This guide includes general resources focused by subject matter and country resources of external web links. Individual country pages include links to history and culture related websites, as well as news resources and official government websites.
Click on the country's name link above to access the individual country pages.