Access to full-text library resources from off-campus is easy!
Search as you normally do, click on the link to full-text, log in with your Pitt email login and password, and you're good to go for your entire searching session! Access will work best if you stay in the same browser.
Mendeley helps organize your research, collaborate, and discover the latest research! Use Mendeley to:
1. Mendeley -- Get started by creating a free Mendeley Web account using your University of Pittsburgh email account.
2. Join the Pitt Mendeley Group -- Joining the University of Pittsburgh Mendeley group gives you additional benefits like 3.5GB shared storage, 3.5GB private storage, and up to 10 Private Groups. Click on the green Join This Group button in the upper right of the screen.
3. Download the Mendeley Desktop -- Use the Mendeley Desktop to build and organize your collection of references and documents. Drag & drop PDF files into the Desktop to instantly create references. Add highlights and sticky notes inside your PDFs as you read them, and privately share them with colleagues.
4. Install the Mendeley Web Importer -- Install the Web Importer into your favorite web browser to import references and documents from a wide range of academic databases.
5. Install the Mendeley MS Word Plugin-- Installing the Microsoft Word plugin will allow you to insert citations and bibliographies into your Microsoft Word document.
Organizing your research and putting your ideas down on paper can be difficult. You can get writing help at the Writing Center.
Each ULS tutorial introduces and teaches an information seeking concept or skill. In order to view and use these tutorials, users should download Adobe Shockwave Player 7 or later. The tutorials are best viewed using speakers or headphones.