Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Course & Subject Guides
Not sure what you're looking for?
- Stop by—the library is open to the public 10 - 4, Monday - Friday.
- Email us at email@example.com and we can help you find books and articles.
You're also welcome to
- Browse in the reading room.
- Browse the New Books shelf to your left as you enter the library.
- Request books from the catalog at the front desk.
If you need additional help in your search, you can also contact our head librarian:
Kate Joranson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reserve books for this class are located behind the service desk in the Frick Fine Arts Library. Simply ask someone sitting at the desk about reserves for your class!
This LibGuide is designed to assist students of Professor Commandaro's course, Studio Art 1240.
You can request material through PittCat using Get It, even for material that we do not own. You must be signed in and then click on the item you need. Options within the item:
Request This Item
Use this to request print materials from a Pitt library or ULS - Thomas Blvd. for No-Contact Pick-Up or Home Delivery. After finding a book, click on the item, then look for Get It, Request, and follow the prompts.
Request a Scan
Use this to request a scanned book chapter or an article. After finding an article or to request a book chapter, click on the item, then look for Get It, Request, and follow the prompts.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
If you identify an item in PittCat that is not available through our collections, you can request it through our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service.
If you have any questions about this, please contact us so we can work with you to try and get the material you need.
Write a list of search terms
- Before you begin searching create lists of keywords that describe your topic.
- Use a thesaurus to stimulate your word choice and to generate synonyms for the concept.
Use Subject Headings
Refine your search in PittCat
- Refining your search to the Frick Fine Arts Library Location can be helpful if you want to make sure an item is located in this library.
Document your search
- Once you begin searching, document what is returned by your first query. Scan the summaries of these results for related terms that will help you refine your keywords.