An encyclopedia with more than 2,100 entries on African, Islamic, Jewish, Russian, Chinese, and Buddhist philosophies; bioethics and biomedical ethics; art and aesthetics; epistemology; metaphysics; peace and war; social and political philosophy; the Holocaust; feminist thought; and other related topics.
The Philosopher's Index is a bibliographic database with informative author-written abstracts covering scholarly research in the fifteen fields of philosophy, published in journals and books since 1940. 80% of the records are taken from journal articles, with the remaining 20% taken from books and contributions to anthologies. Over 480 journals are covered, from 38 countries.
An open access archive, index and bibliography of philosophy maintained by a community of philosophers. They monitor all sources of research content in philosophy, including journals, books, open access archives, and personal pages maintained by academics.
With more than 2.3 million entries, PQDT is the database of record for doctoral dissertations and master's theses. The database represents the work of authors from over 1,000 graduate schools and universities in North America and from around the globe. Over 60,000 new dissertations and theses are added to the database each year.
Covering the time period from 1992 to the present, the Web of Science offers expanded search options, including the ability to locate all cited authors (not just first authors), track times cited information, and hotlink to first and subsequent generation articles. It includes approximately 15,250 new cited references and 2,250 new articles per week.