This guide provides information and resources for students and faculty in the department of Geology and Planetary Science. If you have suggestions about additional resources you would like for us to add, please contact us.
- PittCat+ explains how you can quickly find articles, books, e-books, CDs, DVDs, maps, e-journals, images, magazines and more.
- Getting Books explains how you can have books transferred to the Engineering Library from other Pitt libraries or storage, and how you can request books that Pitt does not own.
- Finding Articles, etc. introduces the most important databases for locating articles and other scholarly resources on topics in Geology and Planetary Science. Also, it explains how you can request articles that are not available online or in journals on the Oakland campus.
- Maps directs you to a guide for finding maps in our collections on the Oakland campus, in storage, and online.
- GIS Resources directs you to a list of some of our GIS resources at Pitt.
- Citing Sources provides information about the citation management tools Endnote and Mendeley, and about training sessions on how to use these tools.
- Library Services lists some of the many services available in the University Library System for faculty, graduate students, and undergraduates.
- Ask for Help provides information on how to get assistance with your reference questions.