Consider your audience and the purpose of your writing.
- Are you writing to explain? convince? review or critique?
- Is your audience experts, students, the general public?
- Are you writing formally or informally?
Write with your audience in mind.
- Make it easy for your readers to get your message.
- Organize your document logically.
- Write clearly.
- Write concisely.
- Include the appropriate level of detail.
- Read your document from the point of view of your readers, and revise appropriately.