PITTCat+ is the search interface for the University Library System (ULS) and allows you to search for content in books, journal articles, newspapers, microforms, e-books, and other sources.
Then follow these steps to help refine your search results:
- From the library homepage, select the large PITTCat+ icon at the top-center of the page
- Enter your search terms as you would in any search engine (e.g. Google)
- The search results screen is split into a number of sections as described below:
- Search results are listed down the center of the screen by relevance. Results can be re-sorted by date using the drop-down in the top-right of the screen.
- You may refine your search set using the limiters in the left column of the screen including:
- Library Location
- Content Type (e.g. book, journal, ebook, dvd)
- Upon selecting an item, you will be taken to the library catalog record for the item
- On occasion, the interface may recommend a more specific search system for your query and offer links to those research databases.
PITTCat+ Results Screen