The Advanced Search interface can be accessed by clicking on "Advanced Search" to the right of the search box. (It's circled in red in the example below.)
The Advanced Search interface looks like the one below and there are many options for limiting and/or expanding your search.
-The drop down menu listed under All Fields provides a list of searchable fields such as Title, Author, Subject Terms, Abstract, ISBN, etc. For example, Publication Title allows you to limit your results to a specific journal title such as The New England Journal of Medicine.
- Publication date range allows you to input a publication date range. With this feature, you can limit your search to more recent or older materials.
- Show Content type allows you to limit your search to Archival material, Image, or Book Chapter.
- Searches can be also limited by Language (e.g. Chinese, English, French, Spanish).
- Show only allows you to narrow down the search to full text, scholarly materials, peer reviewed articles, etc.
- Using Exclude from results you can eliminate certain materials such as Newspaper articles, Book reviews, Dissertations/Theses from the search results.
Boolean operators connect your search words together to either narrow or broaden your results.
Boolean operators help you to:
Use AND in a search to:
Use OR in a search to:
Use NOT in a search to: