Welcome. This guide is designed to assist graduate Bioengineering students with their research.
- Finding Info @ Pitt includes instructions for accessing library resources, whether it is requesting an item from our Storage facility, having an article sent to you via Interlibrary Loan, or finding electronic theses and dissertations.
- BioE Literature covers the best resources in the field. The page is broken down by material type, including databases for finding articles, new books and ebooks, and encyclopedias and handbooks.
- Top Journals directs you to the top journals in the field, as indicated by the Journal Citation Reports database. These journals are ranked according to impact factor.
- Bibliometrics links to a research guide that illustrates methods for retrieving citation counts and journal impact factors.
- Patents links to information about patent searching at Pitt.
- Standards provides information about finding and requesting technical standards at Pitt.
- Ask for Help from a librarian at any time via email, chat, phone, or in person.
Manage Your Research
Using a citation management program will help you organize your research. EndNote X6 is one such program, and it is available to Pitt students and faculty for free through the Software Download Service at My Pitt.